Experienced, Caring And Affordable

Experienced And Effective DUII Diversion Lawyer

Last updated on September 12, 2023

At The Law Offices of Paul F. Sherman, we are here to help you deal with the unintended consequences of an impending divorce, such as being charged with DUII or domestic violence. We are here to help you successfully enter diversion, avoid jail and move on with your life.

We can help you enter Diversion. Call The Law Offices of Paul F. Sherman at 503-223-8441 or Contact Us for a free consultation.

Let Paul F. Sherman Help You Enter Diversion

A diversion program allows eligible individuals to avoid a DUII or domestic violence conviction and other serious sentencing penalties, if they are able to successfully complete the diversion program requirements. A successful completion of diversion results in the dismissal of the DUII charge at the end of one year. The requirements include:

  • Paying the program fee
  • Attending a victim impact panel
  • Completing a drug and alcohol evaluation
  • Completing the recommended drug/alcohol treatment
  • Abstaining from drug/alcohol use throughout the diversion program
  • Installing an ignition interlock device on your motor vehicle
  • Not driving without a valid driver’s license

A person seeking to enter diversion on a DUII must first plead guilty or no contest to the DUII charge. Few people will want to plead guilty to DUII (a Class A Misdemeanor crime) without the assistance of an experienced DUII attorney. This is especially true when a criminal conviction and court sentence are now automatic if diversion is terminated for any reason. This results in mandatory jail time and loss of your license to drive. There is no trial and no get out jail free card. Multiple DUII convictions can also result in felony charges, prison time and the loss of your driving privileges for life.

Contact Paul F. Sherman For Expert Advice On Your Eligibility To Enter Diversion

We know you have questions, and we have answers. If you would like more information on entering Diversion or other DUII matters, call The Law Offices of Paul F. Sherman at 503-223-8441 or Contact Us for a free consultation. Visit our blog the Oregon Legal Guide an extensive, in-depth discussion of our DUII and diversion practice.