Aggressive And Effective Representation For Legal Separation Cases In Oregon, Washington And California
Legal separation provides a means for you and your spouse to live separate financial lives while remaining legally married. The purpose of a legal separation is to work out an agreement on the division of your assets, child custody, visitation, support and other issues important to you and your family.
Paul F. Sherman Is Skilled An Effective Legal Separation Attorney
For over 35 years, Paul F. Sherman has been helping clients obtain legal separations. Separation agreements can offer greater flexibility and speed in the distribution of assets and obligations, custody agreements and parenting plans. A lot can happen during this phase in your life so you will want to make sure you have appropriate representation.
Legal separation is commonly used in the following situations:
- To obtain jurisdiction prior to the normal six month residency requirements for divorce.
- It allows couples to separate with a formal agreement on finances, custody and parenting time issues to attempt a reconciliation and to decide if divorce is what they truly want.
- It may provide a mechanism for retaining medical insurance which would be terminated by divorce.
- To avoid conflict with religious beliefs that conflict with the concept of divorce, allowing the parties to live separately and retain their marital status.
- To retain military benefits under the Uniform Services Former Spouse Protection Act which requires ten years of marriage.
- To retain Social Security benefits which require ten years of marriage.
- To enter into a Separation Contract which can be incorporated into a Decree of Dissolution should divorce become necessary.
The Right Portland Legal Separation Attorney For You And Your Family
A legal separation requires the expertise and guidance of an experienced legal separation attorney well versed in legal separation law. Legal separations often involve a host of complicated and sometimes highly contested issues, which range from jurisdiction, to the protection of financial assets, child custody, child support, and spousal support.
Contact Paul F. Sherman For Expert Advice On Your Legal Separation And Get The Results You Deserve
The Law Offices of Paul F. Sherman has decades of vital experience in handling legal separations. We are determined to get you the best possible outcome on your case. We offer personal service with proven results. We are experienced, skilled and affordable.
We know you have more questions, and we have the answers. If you would like to learn more about legal separation, call The Law Offices of Paul F. Sherman at 503-223-8441 or Contact us for a free legal separation consultation.