Experienced And Effective Prenuptial Agreement Lawyer
For many couples, a prenuptial agreement is essential to protecting family members in the future. Prenuptial agreements are useful to parties with high-asset estates, family businesses, or children from prior marriages or relationships.
Paul F. Sherman Is An Experienced Prenuptial, Co-Habitation, And Post-Nuptial Agreement Attorney
For over 35 years, Paul F. Sherman has helped his clients with prenuptial, co-habitation, and post-nuptial agreements.
We have been successfully helping our clients by providing expert advice in reviewing, drafting, negotiating, enforcing and challenging agreements involving:
- prenuptial agreements to protect separate property, premarital assets and children from prior relationships
- co-habitation agreements for same sex couples or unmarried domestic partners
- postnuptial agreements to resolve issues arising after marriage
In the absence of a prenuptial agreement, the courts will use state law to determine the division of your estate. Prenuptial agreements about how your property should be divided after marriage can not only help you avoid expensive and complicated divorce litigation, but also enter into a relationship fully informed regarding each other’s financial expectations going into the marriage or domestic partnership.
Paul F. Sherman Is Skilled In Successfully Enforcing And Defending Premarital Agreements
Properly drafted and negotiated prenuptial agreements are fully enforceable in Oregon. Nonetheless, a prenuptial agreement will be carefully scrutinized by the Court to ensure the agreement is fundamentally fair and provides for a just and proper distribution. The Court may ignore all or a portion of a premarital agreement if it finds:
- The agreement was not signed voluntarily
- There was not a complete disclosure of the financial assets or property of a spouse
- A waiver of spousal support that would require a spouse to obtain public assistance
- The agreement was unconscionable
- The parties have not followed the agreement and have co-mingled the property during the relationship
Contact Paul F. Sherman For Expert Advice On Your Prenuptial Agreement
We know you have questions, and we have answers. If you would like to learn more about prenuptial, cohabitation or postnuptial agreements, call The Law Offices of Paul F. Sherman at 503-223-8441 or Contact Us for a free prenuptial agreement consultation.